Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue is armed with a team of dedicated volunteers without whom we would not be able to care for the large number of animals that reside here.
Will You Help Save Our Wildlife?
Volunteering your time to help a sick, injured or orphaned animal warms the heart like nothing else can.
Springtime calls for around-the-clock care for infants that have been abandoned or orphaned. Our specially licensed Foster Parents assist with the care of these individuals, ensuring they will be well prepared for life back in the wild.
Thinking About Volunteering?
Join one of the many virtual orientation sessions. These zoom meetings will allow you to learn about the work we do and the important roles different volunteers take on at the wildlife hospital.
These sessions are mandatory in order to start your volunteer process with us. They are approximately 1.5 hours in length.
Online Orientation Session Dates:
Monday January 16th ---- 7:00PM
Tuesday January 24th ---- 7:00PM
Wednesday February 1st ---- 7:00PM
Thursday February 9th ----7:00PM
Monday February 13th ---- 7:00PM
Wednesday March 8th ---- 7:00PM
Attendance to ONE of these sessions is mandatory in order to start your volunteer process with us. They are approximately 1.5 hours in length.
General Requirements for Volunteering
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer in the wildlife rehabilitation centre. Due to the nature of volunteering with native species that can carry different zoonotic diseases we can not allow anyone under the age of 18 to volunteer within this department.
- Volunteers must have their own transportation so they can arrive for their scheduled shifts on time.
- Time commitments vary according to the section in which a person volunteers. But in general, we do require 4 hours per week, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Volunteers must exercise caution and sound judgment at all times when working with wild animals. You will undergo training sessions and written tests for proper animal care before being able to work alone.
- Volunteers must remember that as representatives of Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue, they must act in a professional manner when dealing with the public. We count on the public for support, and they must be treated courteously and with respect at all times.
Ways to Get Involved
(and make a difference!)
If you are interested in volunteering with Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue, please start by filling out an online application.
UNDER 18 and still want to help us?
There are many other ways that families and children can help our wildlife centre. Here are just a few ways to save a Wild Life.
1. Fundraising - start a fundraiser at your school, birthday party, scouts, church or club.
2. Build Needed Items - we are always in need of special build squirrel and bird houses, knitted nests and pouches.
3. Register for Programs or Book a Birthday Party - All funds generated from our programs go directly back into our wildlife centre. Without our programs, we can not run the wildlife centre.
4. Collect Items - Check out our wishlist to find items that will help our wild friends.